Accessibility - EcoAdapt50
The Barcelona Provincial Council is reviewing all the pages of its website and adapting them to the accessibility criteria established by current legislation, with the aim of facilitating access to its contents to the greatest number of people possible, regardless of their abilities and platforms used.
To achieve this objective, the WCAG 2.1 (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, version 2.1) guidelines established by the WAI (Web Accessibility Initiative) working group of the W3C (World Wide Web Consortium), at level AA, have been followed. These guidelines have been referenced and adapted to state regulations: UNE-AT 301549:2022.
- Royal decree 1112/2018, of 7 of September
- Royal decree 1494/2007 of 12 of November.
- Law 13/2014 of 30 of 0ctubre.
About the adaptation process
When we talk about process we want to indicate two things:
- That progressively, over the coming months, the contents of the different sections will be incorporated into the new format.
It is not lost on us that we will not formally achieve the required level of accessibility until all of the contents of the portal are in the new format, but it is also not lost on us that it is only in this way that we will be able to train the people responsible for creating and maintaining the contents - essential training to be able to sustain the levels of accessibility for which we have opted - and, in addition, we will be able to count on the users to keep the process of permanent improvement open, through their contributions.
- The term process also indicates a vocation of our organization: we do not understand accessibility as a milestone to be achieved, but as a continuous process of improving the quality, usability and accessibility of each and every one of our products. Encouraged by this spirit, when all of our pages are in the new format, we will have only taken one more step on the path of continuous improvement, which defines our commitment.
It is obvious that there is no possibility of staying on this path without the collaboration of all users. Thus, and as has always been our way of doing things, we ask that you send us your opinions. It is not just about correcting possible errors, but also about addressing, as much as possible, your preferences and concerns.
If you have any problems accessing the contents of the website, or to make suggestions for improvement, you can contact those responsible using the contact form.